Saturday, November 8, 2014

Writer's Block

Taking a break from my novel writing for NaNoWriMo...
That's a lie.
Writer's block has officially stuck. 

Writing my first novel is a bit daunting. I was very excited about it at first and went gung-ho and was incredibly excited when I had 1,000 words written...until I realized how little 1,000 words is in the grand scheme of things. And I began to get un-excited. And then daunted. And frightened.
And then came Cole. 
She's basically the best. She is always there. I mean ALWAYS. She's like the Alfred to Bruce Wayne. She has all the solutions tucked away in her sleeves and imparts all of her knowledge upon this lowly grasshopper at precisely the moment it is needed. I don't think there will ever be a time I don't look up to her. In fact, you should probably check her out at www.nicoleatone.com. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be reviewing books for Alternating Current, which you should also check out, I wouldn't be pursuing my art further...heck, without her I wouldn't be pursuing any of my passions or believing I could actually do them.

Today's lesson: Know your support, and love and appreciate them with everything you've got. They probably need it more than you know, and after all, you need them more than they know.

No comments:

Post a Comment