Monday, November 24, 2014

I Am a Writer

I have just discovered that I, am a writer.

I have always thought of myself as an artist, and to a degree I am. Painting and woodworking and refinishing furniture are some of my favorite ways to occupy my time. I couldn't live without it, I tried.

But --

I, am a writer.

                                            I get manic, I write. 
                                            I get depressed, I write. 
                                            I am overjoyed, I write. 
                                            I'm unsure, I write. 
                                            I'm every emotion at once and falling apart from feeling
                                              too much...
                       I write. 

Writing is my soul. Whether or not anyone else ever reads any of these god forsaken blurbs I'll be embarrassed of in a month, it's not for them. It's for me.
And I wouldn't be here today without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment