Monday, November 10, 2014

Its the Little Accomplishments

Ten Thousand Words

10,348 to be exact

For my first novel I have to say, this is pretty exciting. I've had the idea floating around and worked on it sporadically in more of an outline sense for a quite a few months but was always afraid to take that leap to sit and just start writing. 

Never has a keyboard become more intimidating.

Then along came NaNoWriMo and little did I know, it would be just the push I needed to let my writing juices flow freely and quit judging myself and just get it all out there. Ten thousand might be a beginner's triumphant landmark in the lofty goal that is Fifty Thousand Words, but having five days of writing with over two thousand words written each day after a summer of nothing but outlines, that means something. It might seem silly to some that the NaNoWriMo website awards badges to your profile when you hit goals such as these, but right now I am wearing that badge with pride. I can go to sleep tonight knowing I'm just that much closer toward achieving my dream. Maybe the whole thing is silly, but when you have a community of support for what you're doing you figure, you know what? why not! 
So now its your turn. What fairy tales do you have lying in wait inside of you?

"There is nothing to writing. 
All you do is sit down to a typewriter 
and bleed."
- Ernest Hemingway

No comments:

Post a Comment