Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Break from Radio Silence

There's been a bit of a Radio Silence from me for a while, so here's the scoop:

I finally have found a medication that balances my moods and helps me to sleep. It is a miracle of the gods. After trying a lot of medications in the past that just blanketed the problem and left me feeling fuzzy in a not-so-good way, or medications that did the opposite of what they were supposed to and made me horribly depressed with mood swings worse than a menopausal monster - I was slightly wary at giving another medication a try.
I will say this, my new doctors are amazing.
They actually listen to my concerns and my past, I feel comfortable with them, and they explain EVERYTHING to me and don't just go along willy nilly prescribing random things and treating me like a human lab rat. If an anti-anxiety and anti-depressant don't work, instead of trying something with the same ingredients, they take a completely new approach and find a different type of medication that applies to my concerns.
So, for the first time in over six years, I feel truly myself. I've discovered my base mood is incredibly upbeat, and I haven't been crippled by lows in almost two months. Life has thrown some hard balls at me, but I'm able to handle them now and -GASP- adult. Yup. I'm adulting. Many thanks to Propranolol and Trazadone.
I'm pushing the restart button on life, pretty literally in fact, and juggling quite a few jobs that ALL fit my interests while paying the bills. There's definitely some challenges coming ahead, but I feel like it'll be okay for the first time in an incredibly long time, and best of all--I have some of the most amazing and incredible friends and family standing by my side to help me through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment